Hear the sound of the shofar each day
There is a tradition to hear the sound of the shofar each day during the month of Elul, as a way to “wake” you up to do your teshuva, your repentance and forgiveness. Consider downloading a shofar sound to your I-phone for a daily shofar reminder for the month! Here are instructions on how to upload it.
How to program a daily Shofar blast on your iPhone (…and it only costs $1.29)
- In settings, go to “Sounds and Haptics” and select “Sounds and Vibration Patterns”
- In “Sounds and Vibration Patterns” select “Reminder Alerts”
- Towards top of Reminder Alerts page, select “Store”
- In “Store “select “Tone Store” and enter “Shofar” in search feature (magnifying glass at bottom of page)
- In Ringtones (not songs, albums, etc.) select your Preferred Shofar blast.
- Go back to “Store” and select “Download all Purchased Tones”
- Go back to “Sounds and Vibration Patterns”, select “Reminder Alerts”. Scroll down to “Ringtones” and select “Shofar”.
- Open “Reminders,” add a new reminder (hit “+” at bottom left of page) and name the reminder (e.g., Elul Reminder), then select the information icon to the right (small “i” inside a circle)
- Select “Remind me at a time” and enter the time of day you want the reminder to sound. Select “Repeat” and enter “daily”.
August 28, September 4, 11, 18, 25. Time 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM
Psychologist Nancy Kirsner continues her weekly discussion group focusing on the month of ELUL.
Join Zoom Link
Meeting ID 870 3013 0554
Creating a Living Legacy with Merle Saferstein: Professional guidance for setting out your life’s wisdom, values, life lessons, hopes and dreams for loved ones.